Monday, March 2, 2009

The Scales of Injustice

I hate the scale. Not that most women love it or anything, but I truly hate it.

I'm actually doing well in the "once a month" weighing thing that I had vowed. But every time I step on that dreaded piece of equipment, I'm disappointed.

I just don't get it. I'm also taking my inches, and THEY are coming off. My clothes, once fitting tightly or just barely (picture a stuffed sausage) are now fitting loosely. All of this is GREAT, FANTASTIC, AWESOME news. I'm not complaining about that.

I am complaining about the scale. I've lost some weight. But why, oh why, does the scale seem to move so slowly? When I try something on and it's loose, I expect the scale to have dropped more drastically. But nope. Barely. I expect it to be a lot lower, every single time.

I was working out, hard, 6x a week. After reaching the burnout I knew would happen, I took a week off. I'm now switching up my workout and working out 4x a week. Still hard, but less intense than before. I'm watching what I eat, mostly, and trying to eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Yet, still, the scales torturous needle barely moves. It's almost mocking me. I even do all of the wives tales of weighing that women adhere to doing. You know what I'm talking about ladies. Don't pretend you don't also weigh first thing in the morning, naked, before a morsel has touched your lips and after you've gone to the bathroom. You know it's true.

This week, I'm going to try to really watch my diet and see if I'm eating too many calories and see if I can nip that back a little. I'm going to amp up the workout by adding two new components. I'm at the gym those 4x a week, so I'm going to try and add some DVD's at home. I got a Bar Method DVD (combination of Pilates, Yoga and Ballet) and I'm looking for a Zumba DVD. Hopefully that will help as well.

I have a vision, and I'm going to reach it. I told myself that this time, I'd let the process take "as long as it's going to take" and that I'd just keep plugging along. So, that's what I'm doing. But man, I really wish that scale would MOVE. JUMP. DROP.

I'm not a slave to the scale, by any means. But it's hard to eat yet another salad and do yet another chin up when the scale barely budges.

I'm stubborn though, and I AM seeing results, so I just need to focus on that. I don't want to feel like that commercial where the women are walking along with the scale attached to their ankle. But I do curse my slow metabolism!!! Thanks Mom!

This is a fight I intend on winning. One painfully slow number on the scale at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment