Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm Still Alive....Sort Of

So, it's been awhile. A loooong while. I'm sure you'll forgive me if you could take a wee peek into what has been my life for the last month!

Since I'm still largely incapable of stringing together a coherent sentence, I'll just give you a brief synopsis of ONE day in my life, currently. This is just today. I'd like to say I'm kidding-but I'm sadly not.

August 17th, 2010:

-My 14th Anniversary. Marriage is a weird trip, dudes. It's full of highs and lows and happiness and struggle and pushing away and pulling close. Every marriage has it's share of obstacles as well, and I think the important part is really in the recovery. That said-HELLO, could someone have given me a head's up on this stuff when I decided at a mere 22 years old that I was solid enough to deal? In those 14 years, however, it's been more good than bad. We have been extremely blessed and even though we've been "going steady" for 17 years total-I'm still not sick of the guy. In fact, I still really (well, mostly!) like him as a person. THAT's got to say something right there because frankly, I don't like most people for that long. So, happy anniversary to me. Sorry, us.

-My youngest daughter's early family birthday party. Yep, hubby and I decided to give up any sort of 'romantical" plans so that we could celebrate my daughter's birthday a few days early. Her Dad will be gone on the actual day, so we did it up tonight. We had a nice dinner I cooked up in record time, cake, and her presents. She got so much from family and her friend party that there really wasn't much left to get her that she wanted. That being said, we "managed" to get her a dress, pink Converse, ('cause I believe all human beings deserve at least one pair in their lives!) a book in the series she loves, (written by Madonna but not crap! Imagine! I like to read it in a fake, really bad, British accent. It just feels right) and some Webkinz Hamster thing. It was a nice time together after what can only be described as a hellish month.

-Got an email my Dad had another stroke. Yes, it's now by email that I find these things out. Oh, not even sent to me. My Dad's wife sends them to my sister, who then forwards to my brother and I. That right there is a whole other blog post. I guess he is being released soon enough, but as I've said in the past-he's just going to continue having these strokes until one kills him. It's hard to just sit by and wait for that to happen and the myriad of emotions this all brings up is a struggle as well. However the news was delivered, it's not something you ever want to hear, nor keep hearing. Sigh.

-We also had an exciting day today of a showing, realtor paper signings and an inspection! Fun times! We have another inspection on Thursday (don't ask) and the girls, the dog and I need to be gone for 4 hours for that to take place. Really??? It was a long day today, and that will be one more long day. The end is inching closer though so I'm just barrelling through one exhausting day at a time. Did I mention it was my anniversary today? Ya. Party!

-The good news of all of this is.......We SOLD our house today. It went up on MLS on Friday, we had offers going back and forth all weekend, and finalized today. By "finalized" I mean conditionally on her financing, and inspection. (see note ie Thursday) It's great on a few levels. My husband's company bought the house from us. We get our "close" with them in two weeks. In that time, we can go and house hunt and put an offer down for that time frame. It also means though that someone bought the house from the company, and we don't have to do any more showings or anything else from here on in! We have to now buy there, get a close date, register for school showing proof of a home address if we aren't in by then, yada yada yada. My husband, if you can believe this, is likely going to go and put an offer on a house, this week, THAT I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE. Scary stuff. We know the area we want, I've seen the house online, it's in the school district I want.....but I've never actually stepped foot in it. My husband did and we both feel like it's a "go." It's not going to be our forever home by any stretch-but to get us used to the city and be close to everything-it's a good choice. The yard is going to be a big shock. We literally have a park for a yard now. This is going to be waaaaay smaller than that. We feel okay about it all so let's hope once I see it I still feel that way. He'll be back in a few days, and we'll get out there and live in temporary accommodations until our stuff arrives and the house closes. We're hoping by mid-September that we are all settled in to our new home and life. It'll take time for doctor's and dentists and familiarity and all of that......but we're getting closer to just actually getting there and starting our life-and that feels good.

So, like I said, that was just TODAY. I'm trying to live taking each day as it comes, stressing out and freaking out but then refocusing. I'm not great with stress, really. I can hide it super well from the "outside world" but inside I'm a mess. I get really bad stomach pains, acid reflux that knocks me to my knees, and I either eat like crazy or don't eat at all. I've been joking that once this is all done I'll either be 20 lbs lighter, or 20 lbs heavier. So far, it depends on the day.

I figured you all deserved some sort of update. Now, you probably wish I hadn't. I promise in the next week or two I'll be back to myself and to blogging and hopefully with some more positive, upbeat, exciting stories of my adventures in a new city! You'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment