Saturday, August 27, 2011

Copycat Compliment?

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but sometimes it gets a little *too* complimentary, ya know what I'm saying?

It's one thing to see something you like and purchase or incorporate it into your lifestyle, making it your own. I DO like when people think my idea, creativity, interests or activities are so awesomesauce that they want to also do what I'm doing. Hey, who doesn't like the ego stroke?

What if it goes further than that though? What if everything you join, like, do, want, ARE, is copied? What if it happens on a repeated basis?

What then do you do? Has it gone from flattering to bunny boiling?

My sister suggests saying I've now taken up skydiving without a parachute.

Now THERE'S an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment