Friday, March 9, 2012

March is marching on....

I'm supposed to be on my way to sitting in the hot Florida sun today, and yet here I am in -12C weather. To say that's a bummer is a huge understatement. We had planned a 10 day plus vacay south of the border, but had to pull the plug. My husband's job is super busy right now and it just wouldn't be the best time for him to be away for two weeks, plus he's got a business trip away in a few weeks again. So, here we are. We're all a bit disappointed, to be sure, but also looking forward to our summer trip to Halifax even more now!

Next week is March Break and we have nothing planned. It will just be nice to not have any schedules to worry about, and not having to get dressed immediately upon rising is always tops in my books! I'm really hoping to just do some free, fun, outdoors activities with the kids. It wouldn't hurt if it was nice and sunny and above zero degrees here as well.

Booty Camp finished up it's 8 week session, and I'm signed up for April and May for another round. The results I've had from camp are seriously awesome to me and I'm looking forward to more of the same. I tried doing some of my old DVD's this last week, and I found them all a lot easier than when I did them previously. My strength and endurance are so elevated compared to a few years ago. Heck, compared to a few months ago! Of course, I'm not some superstar-yet. I have a long way to go on this road, but I was looking at some pictures the other day and realized my mindset is totally different than it's ever been before. I used to think "I'll never get to THAT size again so I'll be happy at THIS one" or "Well, THAT is unattainable so I won't bother" and now I'm all about "WHY NOT?"  Why can't I look like that? If I do the work, why can't I get the rewards? I think it's certainly about being comfortable in your own skin, with your own goals and expectations-let me be clear. I'm not trying to look like a Supermodel or a Fitness Competitor, I'm trying to look like my best ME. That, my friends, is VERY attainable. I've let go of the idea of hurriedly having it happen in like two months, but I now feel like it definitely can and will happen.

I'm honestly trying to change my life here. It's time for a wholeheartedly new me. I'm happy with who I am, but I know I have so much more to give, to do, to be. That's my focus this day, this month and this year.

If you thought I was awesome before (and I know you did, c'mon!) Watch Out! The best is yet to come!

Florida or no Florida, this month is going to be fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment