Friday, March 23, 2012

Crack A Book Open Why Don't Ya!

I'm a reader. I've been doing it since I was four years old, and I've been known to finish dauntingly long winded books in record speed. I'm rarely without SOMETHING to peruse, whether it be a book or a magazine, it's not often that I don't sit curled up with something on the go.

Lately? I can't seem to get into the groove of reading. I have no idea what this new illness is, but it's annoying. I have several books ready for consumption on my Bluefire yet I can't seem to, you know, actually sit down and read. I've started a few and just rudely ditched them. I've not even cracked open others. I have one I'm supposed to read for Book Club and I've read one or two chapters.

My Mom gave me a book for my birthday, and another for Christmas. My daughter has read both and I've read neither.  My niece is reading "The Hunger Games" and is finished with the first one, which she is then going to pass to me. I'm drowning in books without a bookmark life preserver!

I think the issue is the darned internets. At night when I could be immersing myself in different times and places, with different characters at the helm, I'm instead pouring over quotes and recipes on that black hole that is Pinterest.

I need to put the iPad down and pick the books up. Tonight, we get reacquainted-just me and the written word for a nightcap a deux.

3 comments:

  1. I've been doing the same...moving away from t.v and internet distractions and curling up earlier with a book. It's lovely! I hope I'm not jinxing it but I have even been sleeping better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check your hotmail for more reading material.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks T! Got it!

    I've definitely got to get back to reading. Sleeping better would be an amazing by-product!

    ReplyDelete