Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gettin' Insane Up In Here!

                                                 
It's the end of May, and as I flipped my calendar over to June to glance at what's up and coming, well, I almost got the vapours!

June is a ridiculously crazy month here! Most of it is that kind of social, awesome crazy, so one can't really complain. However, there's also lots of "need to buy gifts" insanity and "school wrap up so let's cram a ton into the schedule" silliness, coupled with a bunch of  "hello social calendar, welcome to too many June birthdays!"

The good news is that most of these things aren't occurring on the same day, so it's nice to have it spaced out. That way, my wallet can also take a hit week after week, for each week of the month! Yay! Cough.

Really though, there's some great stuff coming up for the month in which I'm really looking forward to participating. Some of my favourite people are born in June-including my niece, my daughter, and one of my best friends. You can't really go wrong with that! There's also Father's day, and let me tell you, my daughters are plenty lucky to have the hands on Dad that they do-so that's always worth celebrating! Plus, I get to go on some field trips with my youngest and my nephew which should be fun, plus some date nights with just my hubby and I.

They key is in making it all work for all of our schedules, but to also enjoy the moments and not just see them as added work on an already busy week. Oh, and to not go broke. That's an important, too.

I'll be looking forward to hearing your ideas for teacher gifts in the upcoming weeks, what summer activities you have planned with  your loved ones, how you keep fit in the heat.....and who can make me an awesome ice cream cake for my daughter's birthday party.  Just thought I'd throw that one out there.

Ah June....insanely busy.....insanely fun!

1 comment:

  1. You've got it right, enjoy it all! (And don't go broke, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete