Monday, March 25, 2013

Perspective

Thanks to all of you that checked in after reading my last blog post. It meant a lot to me to have you reach out, especially since baring my soul like that is a very scary thing for me.

I talked to my friend A. last night via text, and she put a little perspective on the way I'm feeling and in my search for the answers I'm seeking.

I was telling her that I feel sort of  lost, struggling to decide where my path is leading and what I want to do with my life. Do I go back to school? There's nothing really that "calls me" and why spend the money if it would just be something to do? What DO I want to do? Where DOES my passion lie?

Hence, my dilemma. I don't really feel a draw towards anything in particular.

She listed the things I love doing, from her perspective. "You love running, you love reading, you love writing. Is there something you can do with those?"

I contemplated for a half second before her next text came through.

"You are passionate about your family, Trace. You're most passionate about them. So, maybe you don't need a big career change, maybe, end of day, your passion is to be with them and have time for them. In order to do that, you just need a J-O-B that works within that context."

AHA! Moment!

She is absolutely right. I've been panicking and searching, when the answer, all along, is literally right under my nose. It's running around behind me as I type. It's asking me when dinner will be ready. It's snuggling me under covers while watching a movie. It's chatting with me about the drama that is the life of being a teen.

Of course, I DO really enjoy writing, and running, and organizing. I AM passionate about those things too. I've put off some writing ideas I have had in my brain forever, so maybe it's time to actually put words down and see where they lead.

In the meantime, I need a job that allows me to work within the time frame of being home for my family. I'm working steadily from now til end of August and then, it's time to get out there and see what I can find that will net some income for my family,but also allow me to be home once they all stumble in seeking comfort and familiarity. I KNOW a job like that must exist, and I'm confident I CAN have the best of both worlds.

If you know of anyone seeking some assistance, some typing/filing, some data entry or something Monday to Friday from 9ish to 2ish...I'm your gal.

Thank you A. for totally shifting my mindset about all of this and for lifting a burden that has been on my heart. It doesn't pay the bills, but it helps me realize where my starting point, and ending point, lies.

Have I mentioned a bazillion times before that, I truly and honestly have the best friends a girl could have? I'm very blessed, indeed.

XO

1 comment:

  1. I went AHA!!!! reading that...bang on...your passion is your family and being there for them, so a job that fits that context. BRILLIANT! I bet you feel better already with that AHA :)

    ReplyDelete