Friday, November 5, 2010

What Do I Have To Offer?

I've been reading lots of blogs lately, from a multitude of different circles. There are so many groupings of bloggers in my area of interest, which is namely parenting.

Parenting, however, includes a ton of other topics under that label. I muse, here, about them all. For me, that entails how to deal with beauty in my late 30's and those new challenges. It also includes diet and fitness and finding the time for both. I love cooking, so I'm always seeking and making new things. I'm a "Stay at Home Mom," so I connect with others on that path. I also got married young and had my kids pretty early on and that can be a different voice out there in this world of women climbing the corporate ladder before family. I've been with my husband for 17 years now, so I have a stake in the relationship debate. I ran a successful home business for 10 years and try to help others starting the same. Lastly, I'm Canadian and have lived from Kelowna, British Columbia to Ottawa, Ontario to Northern Ontario and now find myself in the Maritimes. That allows me to have opinions and discussions on the differences and similarities I've found along the way. (PS Canada Rocks, no matter where I've lived!) I've also been a writer since the first time I learned how to put words to paper. I've just started to open that area up to the world at large and see where it takes me.

What's my voice, then? What do I have to offer the blog world?

I started writing this blog a bit fearfully. I just wanted to write. I wanted a place to vent and an outlet for my thoughts since posts are often crowding around to standing room only in my wee head. I needed a space for them to roam free and be heard. I was nervous over my audience, though. I invited only a few trusted friends to read. I've never included location or any pictures.

It's been a process of a small step at a time. Now, I'm ready for the next steps.

I've put my blog "out there" to a larger viewing circle. I still haven't quite figured out how to push that even further, but I keep researching and joining and inviting.

I'm going to take a few more leaps as we go along, starting with some pictures to go along with content.

The blog, for me, has always been an evolving process. I haven't specifically had goals for it but I've definitely had hopes. As Christopher Reeve said, "Once you choose hope, anything's possible."

I continue to hope.

I know I have a lot to say. My Mom would tell you that I always have! I think I have a lot of life experience to draw from, and I think my voice fits in many niches. My dream is that someone will read and pay me to write. That would be the ultimate, for all of us who write. I can't even imagine being paid for what I love to do and would do repeatedly without compensation.

I write for myself, but I treasure when it's touched another. I'm stretching out now and dreaming louder and further.

Anything's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment