Thursday, June 9, 2011

Party All The Time....Party Allll The Timmmmme

I told you June was going to be busy but awesome, right?

Well, I hate to say "I told you so" but it's SO TRUE. I'm also lying. There's nothing I like better than saying "I told you so." So, there.

On Saturday I attended my Wino Potluck with my new peeps. There was definitely wine. There was definitely potluck. I'm not sure we put much of a dent in the food at all! The wine was a different matter. There was even some planking and injuries and broken items. Now THAT'S an old skool party! I can thankfully say I didn't get injured or break anything, nor did I plank. I left that to the pro's. I did get home at 340am. I haven't been out that late in a really, really, really long time. It was a GREAT night and my stomach was sore the next day from laughing. Well, and maybe from too much wine.

Last night, I attended an evening hosted by Kathy Buckworth, author extraordinaire and all around cool person. It was presented by Microsoft for hotmail and I learned a whole bunch of hotmail's new features that will make my life as a Mom easier, less scary, more organized and even more photogenic! Woot! If you don't have a hotmail account, or had one a thousand years ago but gave it up for various reasons-you should totally go check hotmail out now!

I ate way too many canapes and sipped on white wine while chatting and laughing with some new and familiar faces. The event was held at The Press Gang and it was my first time there. Let me say-I'll be back. The service and food were A-MA-ZING. It was great to get out and socialize, of course, and I got to interact with some dynamic, witty individuals. I also went to bed too late once again. You know me though, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Tomorrow night I'm off to my "What's For Supper" meal prep and Starbucks with the ladies. I can guarantee more laughs and sore sides.

I'm loving this life we're carving out in our new city, more and more every day. Halifax-you've been a PARTAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment