Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

So here we are in mid September with back to school in full swing and all of the headaches, oops, I mean JOYS that the school year brings with it. Along those same lines, it is also the start of a new year of activities and classes.

I've signed us up for our regular courses and we'll be back at them in full swing starting next week.

I'm doing my Spanish class again, starting this Friday evening. It's an hour of pure unadulterated bliss. I kid you not. It makes me nervous but in that jittery anticipation kind of way that only a true nerd like me can appreciate fully.

The girls are doing swimming again as well. In our home, swimming is not a "choice," it's a requirement. They'll be going on Monday nights to the pool to get their Mermaid on. They both enjoy swimming a lot and I guess it's in their genes. My husband was once (a long, long, long time ago) a lifeguard and in the Navy (where he sailed the seven seas...in the Navy...come and join along with me...) Sorry. The Village People gets me every time. Needless to say, them being proficient swimmers is important to him. I have endurance, but please don't watch as I do my breast stroke slowly but carefully.

They are also both starting a tap/jazz combo class for the first time. This is VERY exciting stuff. My oldest has taken ballet and creative dance classes before, but not for quite awhile. My youngest has never taken a dance class and is bursting at the seams. I'm hoping they both enjoy it, and I look especially forward to the recital at the end. Seriously-how cute!!! That will be Wednesday evenings.

So-do the math. Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings we will be off to activities galore. We figure that's a good balance and not pushing it too much. It still leaves time for school activities and clubs and homework and all of that good stuff. All of the classes are at fairly early times (6ish) so they don't run late either. Seems like it'll be a good fit and work out well. However, you just never know until you're there.

I may add one more class on a Saturday. Our neighbour and her children go, and while they attend, she and I work out in the gym. I'll have to discuss it with my little ladies and see how they feel about "one more thing" or if they just want to spend Saturdays hanging with Mum.

I have no doubt it'll be the former over the latter. Hmpf.

No comments:

Post a Comment