Thursday, June 18, 2009

Missing In Action

I missed writing yesterday, and "almost" didn't get to it today. I'm literally missing in action. I say that tongue in cheek because the action around here is almost a little too much, and I'm struggling to keep my head above water!

My husband was gone the last two days on a business trip so I was manning the fort. Of course, it has to be the days with soccer games and school trips and such and such and such. Last night, he arrived home and today we shoved him out the door at 8am with a list of instructions! Welcome home!

My youngest has a full day picnic and games and rides thing today. She kindly (groan) volunteered me to make sandwiches (specifically ham and cheese, her favourite) and provide veggies and dip for said picnic. Lucky me. My husband was the one to go and spend the time with her for a bit in the blazing hot sun. Lucky him.

Tonight, there is an Open House at the school. It happens to coincide with my Spanish lesson, so I'll be missing that for the second week in a row. Sigh. You know I put my girls first when I miss Spanish. Twice. I missed last week so that my husband could be gone on yet another trip, and this week for class performances for the end of the year. The mysterious thing about that is, when I ask either of my girls what they are performing, neither of them know and both say they haven't practiced anything. So, I'm going to this thing for what again?

Tomorrow is swimming lessons, and Saturday is soccer practice. Somewhere in there I have to change all of the beds, clean my house from top to bottom, do laundry and get ready for my Mom to come and spend a few weeks with us here.

So, if I don't blog as much, please forgive me. The next two weeks are a little jam packed with activities and events and birthdays and Father's days and dental appointments and Canada day and getting stuff together for camp. I'm sure you can guess who is left to do all of the shopping and planning and organizing for these occasions and events as well. Uh huh.

I remember this "working" thing now. Not fun. Not fun at all. I'll see you off and on in the next little while, likely when I need to vent or need a sanity break.

TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Whew, I'm tired even after reading all that! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete