Thursday, June 10, 2010

Denial

I'm going back to this topic, yet again. I think I've circled the bowl on it several times, but it just irks me to no end, so I can't seem to let it go.

What is wrong with some people? Seriously. I don't know how some people lie to themselves over and over again in life.

They look in a mirror and truly and honestly believe that they've been hard done by, when the reality is, their struggles are of their own making!!! They complain about losing friends, or people not standing by them, when they've been the one pushing people away with their actions!

Then, there's the people that are just in complete denial about everything in their lives, from their diet to their lifestyle choices to their personality traits. I don't even know how you do that or live like that!!!

I'm a realist. I'm also one of THE most critical people I know. That being said, I turn that same critical eye back on to myself. I think that allows me to always be "real" with myself, though. If you want to know my faults, just ask me. If you wonder what my biggest mistakes have been, I'll tell you. I know both of those topics very well, because they are well worn in my mind from constant contemplation.

Are some people really THAT simple that they don't realize that their actions and subsequent fallout from said actions, are not because of their sad life or their bad friends-it's because of that smug mug they look at every day in the mirror?? I don't know how to "pretend" like that, and trust me I have a great imagination.

The reflection I see is often cracked and a little jaded, but it's real. I face myself head on, day in and day out, and I blame no one but myself when I screw up big. I don't know any other way to be, yet apparently there is a whole world of folks with stock in "Rose Coloured Martyr Glasses 'R Us." I hope their investments plummet soon. For the first time, maybe, they'll have to take a ride on the Reality Train, with no stops at Denial Junction.

Chugga, Chugga! Choo! Choo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment