Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What A Difference A Day Makes....

After my last post, my eldest daughter was home for a few days of sickness as well. I still felt kind of exhausted myself, since I spent the time when I was sick caring for other people that were sick! Dang motherhood!

By Thursday, everyone was back in school and I was back to feeling pretty A-Okay. I decided to really get on the bandwagon with my eating and exercise, even though I was (and still am!) coughing quite a bit.

The best thing that could have possibly happened came along to help nudge me on my way. The SUN came out full force. We had a beautiful few days with warm temps and awesome sunshine.

My kiddos and I spent all day Saturday outside. We played in the front of our house with chalk and bubbles and skip-it's and skipping ropes. The girls biked and played with friends. We took the dog for a nice walk around the neighbourhood. Once my husband got home, I strapped on my sneakers and even headed out for my Couch to 5K training outside!!! It felt awesome.

Sunday brought more sunshine, and once again I found myself running along with the heat radiating on my face.

I've also been doing a quick yoga practice since Thursday. I just follow along with a show that's "on demand" here. I find it quite easy and repetitive, so I don't think it'll work for the long term, but for now it gives me a half hour by myself just stretching out tight muscles. I kind of love yoga and don't know why I don't do it more. Once I'm finished, I just feel all limber and my mind feels more at peace. I'm guessing that's partly because for once in my day (maybe life!) I shut off all of the noise that is usually shouting at me in there!

Lastly, thanks to my new group of friends, I joined myfitnesspal.com. If you haven't checked it out, do! It's free and let's you enter all of your exercise activity and food consumed and tallies up your calories taken in, and spent. There is also message boards, but I haven't even checked them out because I'm just enjoying the tools and my friends. I can't stress enough how much having people encouraging you and taking an interest in your journey helps with pushing you into wanting to do "better." Since joining on Thursday, I've been super accountable with myself because I know they are there doing the same thing. It's been amazing.

The week is just beginning and it looks like it's going to be a mostly rainy one. I'm okay with that, because I know that the sunshine is just around the corner, and more importantly, I'm feeling like my inner glow is burning bright already!

2 comments: