Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm ALIVE! (Mostly!)

Well, after that last post where I said I was starting to feel under the weather, things quickly fell completely apart. My youngest daughter started a flu on the Saturday with a high fever and extreme fatigue. I spent the night putting tepid cloths on her forehead and taking her temp and giving meds. By Sunday, I couldn't get out of bed myself.

My fever was 102-103F and lasted, brace yourselves, 6 days. WHAT?? That's seriously crazy. I don't remember being that sick since I was a kid! I literally was totally exhausted and coughing and stuffy.

On Day 4ish, I thought "maybe" I would have the internal stamina to unload the dishwasher. You heard that right, folks. Unloading the dishwasher seemed a monumental feat. When I finished, I was sweaty and dizzy and had to nap 3 hours. Craziness!

There were many instances of tears and total breakdowns. That's very unusual for me, and I'm embarrassed to even admit that, but there you have it. On Day 5, I kind of felt better somewhat and felt hopeful. By 8pm the fever was back, and the waterworks began. I was just THAT frustrated.

Luckily, my husband was super amazing during this whole debacle. He made meals and ran errands. He picked me up Pho too many times to count. He took care of the kids while I basically lay in a ragged heap. I still made the girls lunches and snacks and stuff-but he really held down the fort. Hallelujah!

Today is Monday, and a brand new week. I'm feeling much, much better. I'm still not 100 percent, but I'll take it. My eldest is home today, she started on Saturday. I'm back on my Nursing duties for her, but hopefully we're nearing the end of the Plague.

Fingers crossed my husband stays healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment