Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back To Reality

We are back from a wonderful Easter weekend at the in laws and even though it's now Wednesday, are starting our week again.

We drove a scant 9 hours (okay, we stopped an hour for lunch! Did you know Applebee's is free for kids every day? Woohoo!) to get there, and then another 9 hours back. Phew. Luckily for us, our kids are actually "pretty" good travellers. I think our standards are pretty high, and comparatively we should rejoice, but still.

We ate like pigs, I didn't make ONE meal and we met a ton of relatives that we hadn't seen in over ten years for my husband and I, and NEVER for our kids.

And today, it's back to school and work. And yep, even work for me!!!

I started the home daycare again today and it's going very well! She cried for about two minutes at drop off this morning, and another two at nap time. Otherwise, she's been laughing and smiling and playing. We went for a long walk and then played outside for another half hour. She ate really well at lunch, and went to sleep just as easily. It's a great start and I feel exhausted, yet renewed. If that makes any sense.

It certainly is different, even though I did this for years, to be around a two year old again. It's one of my favourite ages actually. Everything is exciting and new to them, and it makes me appreciate seeing the world through their eyes.

I would say by the end of the week I'll need a good long nap, but in a good way.

I do need to get a workout plan going though. I have no more leisurely mornings to myself and the evenings will be hard pressed to make or find the time. I may have to get up early and use my treadmill and weights here at home. Yuck. Have I mentioned I'm not much of a morning person? But I am also happier and less stressed when I work out. So, I'll have to find a happy medium in there somewhere.

Nap time is coming to a close and I need to go and get my kids from the school bus and get snack going as well.

It's never dull with children in the mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment