Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cooking And Snuggling

It's a Tuesday and I have no daycare children here and I had planned a relaxing day of naps and maybe putting some laundry away, and just general laziness. Heck, maybe even shopping! How 'bout THEM apples? Instead, my youngest is home with me today.

She has been getting these mysterious fevers every few weeks. She has no other symptoms and seems otherwise fine, but for these low grade fevers. We're heading to the doctor just to make sure we aren't missing something that just isn't getting killed off for good. I know a boy in her class threw up (sorry to ruin your breakfast) one day in class, and then came back the next day to do it again. So, it could simply be that she's fighting whatever it is that spewed from his lips those days. Then again, maybe not.

So, we have plans. I asked her what she'd like to do today, with the caveat that she HAS to rest quietly in my bed this afternoon with a movie. (She picked Mamma Mia which I'm sure we've seen over a thousand times. I think she partly likes it because she says I look like Meryl Streep and her Dad looks like Pierce Brosnan. He sings like him too. Yowza)

This morning though? We're making a Potato Leek soup together and reading some of her Fairy books. It should keep us entertained, and the soup had to be made anyways.

While my plans got thwarted, I have to say, I kind of like these days when it's just one of my girls and I. We get to snuggle and giggle and I get to play nurse maid, which I'm frankly pretty darn good at doing.

It may not have been what I planned, but turns out, it's even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment