Thursday, February 11, 2010

Feverish Fumblings

As I'm trying to be in denial about being sick, I keep telling myself I'm just tired or that I slept funny, causing my head and shoulders to ache. Yep, that's why I'm stuffed up and feel my head explode everytime I bend over. I'm not usually a "denial" type of gal, but in this instance, it works. Sorta.

Today I had/have a day off. I'm spending it not by resting and taking care of myself, oh no, who has time for that? Nope, I'm on laundry load number three. Most are folded and now it's time to put away and remake the beds. Yes, I even stripped the beds. This fever stuff is making me delirious, apparently.

Tonight we have to finish up the girls Valentine's cards for their classes and neighbourhood friends. We don't "do" store bought here. I know-we're Valentine's snobs. After dinner and homework and baths and Valentine's, I plan on curling up in bed with a hot cup of green tea and a good book. I'd watch Survivor, but my husband isn't home and wants me to wait for him so we can watch together. Yeah, delayed gratification! Oh well, it's an excuse to actually get some rest. After 9pm that will be jusssst what I need.

Better get back to the grind. I hate remaking the beds. Boo hiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment