Friday, February 27, 2009

Calgon....Take Me Away

So, it's noon and I'm about ready to poke my own eyes out with a fork.

It's a "snow day" here today and the girls are home. Normally, this isn't such a bad thing. We craft, we bake, we generally partake in merrymaking.

But today, by 9am, the fights were on. The teeth were bared, the gloves laid down, the warrior cries a flyin'. And that was just me!

I don't know what happens some days. It's like they wake up and the moon is full in the sky or their female hormones are running rampant. Maybe they just have their Dad's "evil" genes as opposed to my inherent goodness. THAT must be it.

So, it's midday. We've made it through some crafts which resulted in tears and stomping up to bedrooms. We've played a few rounds of gameboy which led to tears and stomping up to bedrooms. We've had a delicious lunch which........let's say it all together now......led to tears and stomping up to bedrooms.

The doors in my home must be stripped of their hinges by this point.

I don't know how I'll get through another five hours of this, if it continues in this vein. At least then, that glorious time will come when I can hand them off to their father and run for my life!!! Or at least a hot bath, a glass of wine, and a good book. Alternately, maybe just the wine and a Prozac will do.

I'm now going to attempt to pick out a movie, make some popcorn and propose a fun, girly chick flick afternoon. There will be a debate over which movie, over who ate more popcorn, over who has the comfortable spot on the couch. Seriously.

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment