Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Family Day Fun

It was "Family Day" yesterday and so the whole fam damily was home together to frolic and revel in our family togetherness.

We started the day with me going for a workout, while my husband took my daughters to the Inflatable Play Land that the gym had set up. They jumped, I pumped. I guess the line-ups were quite long, and really, how long can one person jump, so my husband left and went to McD's Play Land instead. (which I'm sure was just my daughters' ruse to get some salty fries!!!)

We convened for lunch and board games. My youngest is at the age where she wants to play games, but hates to lose. Or maybe that's my age too. She's quite competitive, but not the best "loser" either. So, it was a roller coaster ride of emotions for her. "I don't want to play. I never win!!!" to "I'm winning haha! Nananabooboo!" In the end, she did win. All's well that ends well I guess.

After all that intellectual stimulation, (Max and Ruby "Trouble" is very taxing on the brain!) we decided to get some more physical activity and went for a nice walk around the neighbourhood. It was crisp out, but the sun felt heavenly on our faces. I could also smell spring. I definitely feel it in the air. It just needs to hurry itself up!!! We took some pictures, watched a little creek trickle along, and came home once more.

When we entered the house, we were hit with the wonderful aromas of my husbands crockpot dinner simmering away. He had taken the reins on the cooking. What was even MORE glorious to me was the fact that he did it in one pot. No fuss, no muss! Usually when he cooks there is sauce on the ceiling and fifteen pots and bowls and plates out. This time, clean up was easy peasy.

The night ended with snacks galore and a family movie.

If that doesn't spell out pure bliss, then I don't know what does.

Hope you all had a wonderful family day with YOUR families.

No comments:

Post a Comment