Friday, February 13, 2009

'Fo Shizzle in da Hizzle

So, when I started this blog, I was very aware of what I wanted to write about and how I put it all down on the page. Err, computer screen. I would type it up and go back and check and recheck for spelling errors or grammatical errors. I would rephrase sentences and double check everything I wrote.

One day, I just decided that I'm supposed to be writing this blog for ME. It's supposed to be for enjoyment and to express myself with the written word. It's supposed to allow a glimpse into my life and the real me.

It's not supposed to be one of my university English papers.

So, I'm just going to write. Write, write, write. Since I'm a bit of a keener, it's not like I'm suddenly going to have horrific grammar and spelling errors that make it impossible TO read the blog. I'm not going to start typing in Pig Latin or Ebonics or something.

It's just that being so worried about the "how" it comes out on the screen isn't as fun as the "why" or the "what." And some days, I just want to get it all out there for you all to see and read. And without having to worry that my sentence structure is off. (yes, I have a tendency to run on sentences, that's how I speak as well!) Or that I put a comma where I should have put a semi colon. Or that I wrote a partial sentence and ended with a preposition. I KNOW these things.....I just don't always catch them or want to worry about them all the time.

So, read on. Avert your eyes when you see a glaring error calling out to you. One day, when I'm a famous published author, I'll have my copy editor Cathie catch and correct all of those things for me. For now, the grammazizzle and spellizzle will not be my bizzle. 'Fo shizzle. Peace out!

PS (Spell check is having a FIELD DAY today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment