Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Hate The Shred

As I told you, I have the 30 Day Shred DVD. I had done it maybe twice in the past, half assed. By "doing it twice" I don't mean 60 days of it. Ohhhh no. I mean, two actual times where I put the DVD in, did some moves, sat down a bit, did a few more.

This week, I decided to get serious. No one was going to do this working out business FOR me and I'm kind of tired of complaining all of the time. (well, until dinnertime and I make something yummy and then all of this working out/getting fit stuff goes out the window) So, yesterday, I made the commitment. I was tired, I was cranky, it was the end of the day. At that fortuitous moment, my family ticked me off, just enough, to make me go grab my runners and start Shredding.

Lord help me.

The one saving grace of this DVD is that it's short. You can't really quit, cause seriously, how much of a lame-o are you if you can't even manage to carve out 20 mins? But like Jillian Micheals says in the DVD, "if you only want to work out 20 mins, then there's no breaks. This 20 mins has to COUNT and it needs to be INTENSE." Oh Jillian. I hear ya.

By 10 mins in I feel just about ready to quit. I'm also fairly certain that I need to purchase a new sports bra. Or two. The jumping jacks and skipping rope are not good on someone with over an A cup. Or B. Ahem. So, holding my boobs, I decide that there's only 10 minutes left and I have to stick it out. Only.

I just completed Day 2 of the 5 I'll do this week. I'm also off for a walk/run tonight. My plan is walk/run 3x a week, and Shred 5x a week. I still haven't managed to fit in the yoga, but in due time it'll happen.

Right now, I'm just trying to lift my arms to make dinner and walk up the stairs without wincing.

Jillian Micheals, you're a cruel one. If, at some point, I can have your abs though.....it'll all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment