Monday, January 4, 2010

The Year 2010 Is Upon Us!!!!!

Is it just me, in my old fuddy duddy way, that thinks that 2010 sounds like some space age year in the future? I don't know about you, but the numbers just seem sooooo alien. So futuristic. So, weird.

Let's hope the year itself makes up for the fact that I feel like I'm living in a Sigourney Weaver flick!

We had a wonderful Christmas, and New Year's, and every day since. It really was one of our best holidays as a family in a long time. We had just the right amount of celebrating, visiting friends and holiday cheer. We got to spend a few really lovely days together, and I'm feeling quite at peace. If this is the way 2010 wants to usher in a new year, then I'll take it.

Last year was a difficult one and I was happy to sweep it out and start anew. I usually do make resolutions, mostly because I'm a "list" kind of gal and it's like one more "To Do" to follow. I took a look over my resolutions for 2009 and was pleased that I'd be able to scratch many of the items off. I also noticed that many of the items will be carried forward this year, not because they weren't completed, but because they have become part of our lifestyle. I'm still planning on eating fish, for example, once to twice a week. I'm still hoping to incorporate one vegetarian meal a week, maybe even add a second. I'm still interested in reducing costs, cutting unneeded expenses, and being a savvy shopper. All of those resolutions are keepers.

There are also, of course, some things I need to actually DO this year like get our passports. Those though are just practical necessities. I find they are good to write down, cross off, and feel a buzz of satisfaction.

Inevitably though, there are some deeper, inner resolutions that I want to devote my energy towards in the next year. I hesitate to say that I think this year will be a big one, because I tend to say that every year and then I feel let down when it isn't, or worse still, when it IS but it's big in a "not good big" way. I've learned the hard lesson that just when I feel myself coasting along contentedly, life throws a curveball to shake everything up once more.

My gut is telling me that this year is going to be a good one, and I've said it here before-I don't ignore my gut. So, I'm going to go with that. It's going to be a good one. Change is going to happen. Families will grow and change. Life will have unexpected surprises that we can't anticipate.

I'll be along for the ride. Now, I just have to go write out my resolutions for reals. I'll share them along the way with you all, maybe as I cross them off with an accomplished flair. (and then don't feel like a loser for the ones I told you about and didn't finish! It's all about positivity this year!)

2010-we are waiting and anticipating. It's a fresh start, a new day, and a new attitude. Heck, it's even a new decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment