Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What Is It About Bloggin?

I have friends who have no interest in blogs. They don't write them, obviously, but they also have no interest in reading them either. They think it's "weird" to want to read the random ramblings of someone else's life.

I, on the other hand, discover new blogs every day that I then continue to follow. I think it's partly that I'm a huge nosey parker. I'm the type that likes getting a glimpse into the lives of other people behind the drawn curtains. It's probably why I also like reality (though the "reality" part of the title is questionable) tv programs.

There are blogs that are informative. I like getting tips and hints from their posts. I follow some to just get new recipe ideas. Then there are "Mom" blogs. I like those because they alleviate some of the fears I have that maybe I'm the biggest freak on the Mom block. It's nice to know there are other OCD, worry wart Moms out there. There's also the entertainment blogs. You know, just for some chuckles and giggles. Lastly, there are blogs that motivate me, inspire me and give me some desire to just keep plugging away, at the least, or to aim higher, at the most.

I've never been the type to just have a small circle of friends or to keep my interests narrow. In fact, many of my groups of friends and acquaintances are vastly different one from the other. Somehow, I can mesh with all types of groups and peoples. I think it's the same in the blogging world. My interests and curiosities are so widespread that I just want to read all about, well, everything. Again, maybe that's just an innate nosiness.

I prefer to call it an inquisitive nature. Ahem. I just know that the blogger world is fairly new to me, and there are so, so, so many more blogs to discover.

1 comment:

  1. I think there are a lot of great blogs out there with helpful info. I like blogging because it is so easy to find like-minded people to identify with, commiserate with. It's a great way to network too!

    ReplyDelete