Monday, May 10, 2010

What's On My Radar?

May is a busy, busy month that seems to be just setting the stage for the months to come. It seems like every week there is "something" happening or that needs doing. Of course, I'm looking forward to a lot of great things coming up socially as well, so it's that balance of rest and chaos that seems to characterize my life.

Today, our pooch went for her last vaccination. This was the third in a series of three. Thank goodness for that because my husband is starting to call the dog, "Money Pit" instead of her name. While we were there, we had to also purchase the heartworm meds that she needs from June to November, to the tune of over a hundred dollars. Fleas, say what? Next up for the dog is spaying, which takes place next month and will leave our pockets a little less full, again. At least she's good for needles for another year. One last thing on the plate for her is Puppy Obedience classes. They start at the end of May and run for 6 weeks. You guessed it. $$ Ah well, all worth it for the companionship and unconditional love.

Other than doggy news, we have dancing classes intensifying to ready for the big recital in June. My Mom is travelling up again to see my daughters perform their numbers. My youngest is in two numbers, and my eldest in one routine. That takes place the first week in June.

I have a new little guy starting on the 25th of this month in my home daycare as well. He'll be a few days shy of 1 years old, and his Mom is a teacher. What that means for me is that I'll only have him for about a month and then she's off for the summer. The Mom is one of the ladies I went on the "Girls Weekend" with, so it's really more of a favour to her than anything else. Her son is a totally laid back kiddo too. He basically eats, sleeps and smiles. It'll still be a blast from the past to have such a little one in my care again.

June also brings birthdays, for my niece and my daughter, Father's Day, and of course my awesome, spectacular weekend "home" to visit my peeps. I can't really complain about any of that, now can I?

Speaking of Father's Day-I better give a quick shout out about my Mother's Day! My husband reads my blog, and thankfully, took the words to heart. I had one of the best Mother's Days ever. I got to sleep in as late as I wanted (and needed!) I had Eggs Benedict in bed, brought in on a tray with homemade gifts as well. I sipped my coffee reading lovely, heartfelt cards. They also bought me a blue hydrangea which I hope to plant in my flower garden once it warms up. While I lay like the Queen of Sheba in my bed, they scrubbed the fridge and stove within an inch of their electric lives. WOOHOOO. I could not have been happier to see that fresh, clean fridge. I know I'm a huge nerd, but for a neatnik like me, that was heaven. The goodness didn't stop there though! I also got a wonderful dinner made for me of Filet Mignon and Fettuccine Alfredo with asparagus. Dessert was chocolate sundaes. My diet may not have been happy with that day, but my palate (and my heart) certainly were pleased and impressed.

It's kind of sad to go back to the grind of daily drudgery. However, I truly have so much that's fun and social coming up around the bend, how can a girl complain? Well, or complain and expect sympathy, anyways. You got it, she can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment