Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Long Weekend

I am counting down the hours, minutes, seconds until the long weekend officially starts!

It's not like I have huge plans and exciting things happening either. I just need a break! I've been sick for over a week now and I need some down time!

In lieu of that, like many Canadians, I'm planning on working on the outside of my home. I hope to get hanging flower baskets up, plant other flowers in my flowerbeds, dig out my garden, clean up my other flowerbeds and get new stones to frame them, get new solar walkway lights, heck, maybe even build a deck. Hmm. Nothing "big."

After all of that work in the sun, I'm looking forward to a few nice barbecues outside with neighbours and friends. Since I'm taking medicine like nobody's business, I can't indulge in a drink or two, but I can already feel the iced tea calling my name. I'm picturing summer foods like salads and steaks and grilled shrimp, eating el fresco.

I've been looking forward to this weekend all week. And whether I accomplish any of my "tasks" on my To Do List or not, just having time to recoup, to laugh and share with friends, and spend time with my family is goal enough.

Enjoy your weekend, all. Take time to smell the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment