Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spanish Lessons, ole!

The last year for me has been a tumultuous one. I've had a lot stress and heartache and decisions to make. Somewhere in there I decided that I hadn't really been living for myself and that the "time is now" to make good on some of my own goals and dreams. It's difficult to do as a Mom! I find that most of my time is divided between my kids and their commitments and my home and finances. What "I want" to do or spend money on just seems to be at the bottom of that priority list.

Well, I figured one way to deal with the stress was to start checking stuff off that life list of mine. I had some good advice too. I was told, "When you don't know what you want to do, or which way to go, don't decide. Don't go anywhere. Don't do anything. When you know, you'll do or go. In the meantime, start doing for yourself. Start living for you." Wise words of wisdom, those.

So, I've taken the bull by the horns in some ways, big and small. This seems trivial but I've put it off forever, but I finally printed out my family's passport forms. I'm mailing them this week to my guarantor to sign. We'll get pictures taken this weekend or early next week. We'll get them DONE. I'm a great procrastinator so it's challenging for me to actually make this happen. I just have to push myself to do it. Get the info together I need. Get it all together and take it in. It's an annoying process, but one I've put off for far too long.

Secondly, I started this year taking time for myself each day to work out. I was really putting a lot of time into my health. I've let that slip lately as I try to find my groove with working, but it's still a priority. As you all read previously, I know getting where I want to be physically is going to take time and I'm finished putting time limits or constraints on it. It'll happen, however fast or slow.

Tonight, I tick off another item. I start Beginner Spanish courses. It's an hour and a half every Thursday night for twelve weeks. I've always enjoyed languages. I speak both French and English fluently and I've wanted to add Spanish to that list. Then German. From there-who knows!!! But I have an interest in languages and Spanish has been on my life list for a long, long time.

There is another item on that list I hope to get started on in the next two weeks as well. I'll blog about THAT when it's all said and done. It's keeping you on the hook! Makes you want to come back for more! I bet the suspense is KILLING you, huh? I'm sure.

I've vowed to myself that 2009 is going to be a big year for me. I hoped that for 2008 and it blew up in my face, but I know that 2009 is going to be colossal for me because I'm taking control and grabbing the brass ring. It's only just begun!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Tracey! I'm dying to take some Italian lessons. I can sign it but I don't know how to speak the language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you lots of luck!! I vowed 2009 would be my year, and so far some very good things have happened...but not the big thing that I want most of all......

    ReplyDelete