Monday, April 19, 2010

Another Award!!!



Woohoo! Another award! This one is super cool too because it's a "Kreativ Blogger" award, and nothing thrills me more than being called creative-even when it's spelled in a kitschy way.


I was nominated by the lovely http://meanoldmommy.blogspot.com/. Meanie is a friend I went to high school with and enjoyed laughing with at the back of the classroom. She had a humour and style all her own, and it's refreshing to read her blog due in large part because she still carries those traits. She makes me laugh out loud and is even more anal retentive about order and organization than I am! (I'm so stealing that binder idea! I needs more deets on that!)


So, rules. There's always got to be a catch with an award, huh? Luckily I didn't have to spend any time on the casting couch for this one!


1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.

2. Copy the award logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.

6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated



So......Seven things about myself. After the Honest Scrap last week, I don't know that I can let you all in on more psychosis' but I'll definitely try.


1.I not only like things in order, but I like them placed the exact way that aesthetically speaks to me. If I enter a room and a vase or tchosky is placed alternately than how I left it, my eye will be drawn immediately there and I'll have to place it back right away or my entire being is thrown off kilter. I wish I was joking, but alas, I'm not.


2. I used to alphabetize my CD collection. I don't anymore because I got married and my husband thinks that's nuts. WTH? HE'S nuts.


3. If I'm at a restaurant, I clean the table for the servers. I clean up all of the plates and stack them and I tidy the condiments etc. All that's left for them to do is take the plates away and wipe the table. Again, my husband has issue with this habit.


4. One thing my husband REALLY likes though, he'll take something out of the fridge or cupboard and plan on using it. He usually walks away though and I come in behind him and put it back in the fridge or cupboard again. He gets all pissy pants and irate, "I haven't even used that yet!!" Pffft. Whateves.


5. My husband really loves my quirkiness. No, really.


6. When the song "Fighter" from Christina Aguilera comes up on my iPod when I'm on the treadmill, well, let's just say I'm glad I work out at home. I sing at the top of my lungs and I fist pump. I even swagger my walk a little. Hells yeah. It's my theme song ya know. At least it's one of many.


7. I have a girl crush on Johnny Depp's wife. I'm not sure what it is about Vanessa Paradis, but I just think she's this laid back, cool chick that always looks good and has cool music and umm, she's married to Johnny Depp!


There ya have it! I don't necessarily know if those are seven things you might find "interesting" about me, but it gives you some fodder to feel better about yourself, no?


Now, on to the nominations! The envelope please......


1.http://shanrev.blogspot.com/ She shares recipes and craft ideas as well as Mommy Moments. On top of which, I love her blogs' name, "Tales From the Fairy Blogmother."


2. http://thewriterscocoon.blogspot.com/ Writer, blogger, crafter, friend. She's got a ton of talent and she's sweet to boot!


3. http://acraftymomsblog.blogspot.com/ I've been reading and following her blog for a long time now, though I don't think I've ever even commented! Oops! Guess this will be my first one!


4. http://paijam.blogspot.com/ I want to read her seven things! She's got great, great ideas and tips and she's always full of knowledge and fun! Plus, she's my friend IRL and a wonderful person at that!


5. http://asingingdiva.wordpress.com/ My friend who is hilarious and writes great tales about her family and kids. Well, they aren't really tales because they are true-which is sometimes funny for me and maybe a little less so for her.


6. http://www.breadcrumbsinthebutter.typepad.com/ Another blog I read faithfully and have for awhile now, but never comment. Geeze. I'm coming out of hiding for this award!

7.http://cleverandlovely.blogspot.com/ Last but not least, another blog I just started reading. I like the "Mom" blogs that are witty and a bit sarcastic or tongue in cheek, but where you also know that the person takes being a Mom pretty seriously. Well, at least seriously funny.

I don't know if I can STAND all of these awards. I hope the cheque's in the mail for my prize money!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU!!!!!!! I am so honored!!!! I will try really hard to get this posted before I leave on Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete