So, part of the award involves me divulging ten things about myself that are straight up honest. Geeze. That's kind of scary. What kind of Pandora's Box might that resemble? Nevertheless, here it is, in all it's glory.
1. I just started collecting Fire King Jadeite pieces about a year ago. Green is my favourite colour, for one, but I just love the milky look of the pieces. If you know of any, have any, or feel the need to send me a gift-please do so!
2. I'm a Coach-a-holic. I love Coach bags, glasses, sunglasses.....you name it. Again, gifts welcome.
3. I've been toying with the idea of a tattoo and a nose piercing for over 10 years now. At some point, I'm going to have to either just do it, or just forget it. As I near 40, the just forget it seems more likely.
4. I feel like Micheal Jackson in a way. I had a mole beside my nose removed, I have contact lenses, I had porcelain veneers done on my front teeth and I'm looking forward to lasik and a tummy tuck in the future. I would never go as far as Joan Rivers or Heidi Montag or anything....but I'm not opposed to getting a little work done either.
5. The above "honesty" makes me sound very vain. In truth, I'm a yoga pant wearing, messy bedheaded chick in converse runners most days. To describe my style as relaxed is a huge understatement.
6. I read voraciously. If I like a book-watch out. It doesn't matter how long it is, I'll read it in a day. (case in point-The Book of Negroes) That said, I love the classics. Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice are two of my most favourite books, ever. I can't even count how many times I've read them.
7. I also love Beatrix Potter. I used to collect her books and anything I could get my hands on. My eldest daughter's nursery was decorated in anything and everything Potter. I love the illustrations and the way the animals have personalities and lives.
8. I got biogel nails a few months back, to try, and loved the way they made my tiny, child sized hands seem more ladylike. However, I cannot function in my daily life with these things!!! I'm going on Monday to have them removed. I figure that if I am willing to spend 35 dollars a month on maintaining fake nails, surely I could spend 15 dollars on manicures for my own nails upkeep? Of course, I've thought about doing that many times and never end up doing it and that's why my nails often look like crap.
9. I'm a perfectionist, but a procrastinator. I want everything just "so," but it'll take me forever to just do it. I'm also a list maker and nothing makes me happier than crossing something off. You'd think that would make the procrastination less appealing, but no.
10. For Mother's day, and I say this every year, honestly, the best gift I could get would be my house cleaned top to bottom and my appliances scrubbed down within an inch of their lives. I hate cleaning the appliances for one. For two, just having someone else do that for me, for one week, would truly be the best gift EVER. Add some fresh flowers into a few rooms and change the beds too......and I'd be revelling in complete and total bliss for a long time.
There you have it, folks. Those are some true and scary facts regarding "moi." The next order of business is to award the Honest Scrap on to the next blogger! So, I'm awarding this honour to my friend, and sister from another mother, Laura over at "A Legend In My Own Mind." (http://asingingdiva.wordpress.com/) Have fun Laura!