Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Erin Go Bragh!!

Happy St. Patty's day to all you Irish blooded peeps, and all of those Irish for the day!

St. Patrick's day is a big deal in my family. We've always gathered with family to share Irish stew, corned beef, cabbage, Irish soda bread and Colcannon. Since we live far away, it's just us this year.

We woke up this morning and all donned our green, the girls adding shamrock bobble headbands. We're playing Celtic Thunder and Celtic Women and dancing a few jigs around the house.

I've got the stew in the crockpot and the bread in the oven, and I'm raring to go.

However, there are two minor problems this year. Well, on top of the fact that it's just us. My youngest was invited to a playdate that includes dinner. Oh ya, and I'm on that cleanse. What the???

So, we're alternating some plans from our norm. We're having our dinner tomorrow night and I'm going to have some and just get back on the wagon the next day.

I think that's in true Irish ingenuity and fighting spirit, no?

Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment